• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rogerroot

rogerroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

I had entered the man and his wife as incorrect sex because the first names were not obvious to male/female. Now, after changing the sex of each person, the FGS generated for these people show the incorrect sex for each. It has the Father and Mother reversed. This is on RM7 7.0.4.0

I think the main panel, on Family View, is wrong as the wife is at the top, father, and the husband, mother, is shown below.

How can I easily fix this?

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Change the sexes back to the incorrect sexes.

Use Edit, Swap husband and wife.

This swaps the spouses' position and changes the sex.

This works in any version of RM.

#3 rogerroot

rogerroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

Thank you Laura,

That almost fixed the problem. The Icon that shows the male, or female, figures are still reversed. That would be on the Father and Mother lines in Family View. The Icons with the circle around the sex figure.

Roger

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

No, the icons are not reversed.

The pink icon designates that the husband position (male) married wife (female, pink)

The blue icon designates that the wife position (female) married husband (male, blue).

The icons are hardwired and don't change regardless of the sex marked for a person on the Edit person screen.

#5 rogerroot

rogerroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

Laura,

I had never noticed that before. Sure enough I went up one generation and there it was.

Thank you for the quick fix.

Roger

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

You are welcome.

I am customizing the Birth fact sentence by adding the sex to the sentence when it is hard to tell the sex just from the name.

It helps when reading a Narrative report.

Johnny A. Smith, female, was born, etc.

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1505 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Laura, I got to thinking about your locally customized sentences, and decided to revise the standard sentence for the Birth fact type. I verified that the revised sentence works by looking at all three cases (male, female, and unknown gender) in the lower-right pane of appropriate Edit Person screens. If I'm not mistaken, this approach will survive drag-n-drop and GEDCOM operations better than the locally customized sentences.

Built-in standard sentence: [person] was born< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.

Revised sentence: [person]<%, a male, |, a female, |, of unknown gender,> was born< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.

#8 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:00 AM

Nice sentence.

I did some experimenting.

Drag and drop or gedcom with Extra details (RM specifics) marked into a new database:

Changed Program defined fact default sentences are not transferred to the new database.

User defined fact default sentences are transferred.

Customized fact sentences are transferred as part of the person's record.

Gedcom with Extra details (RM specific) unchecked into a new database.

No user defined fact default sentences are transferred

No customized fact sentences are transferred.

Import files imports user defined fact default sentences, but does not import changed program defined fact default sentences.

We can create a base database. Copy and paste changed program defined fact sentences into the base datanase.

Back the database..Restore backup to use as a new database

Drag and drop or import gedcoms into the copy of the base database.