• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ewormuth

ewormuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

I'm trying to merge duplicates in my family tree and I'm getting the error message, "SQLite Error 5 -- Database is locked."  How can I fix this?

Thanks.

#2 ewormuth

ewormuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

Never mind -- I closed the program and opened it again, and the problem went away.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6415 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Of course, you should not be getting this error. There is a fault in the program causing this error to occur.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8638 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

If you have some other program trying to access your RootsMagic database at the same time it will lock it. Dropbox will do that.  If you have your live database stored in Dropbox it could lock it when it tries to sync. Pause Dropbox syncing if you want to keep your database there.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 flneelys

flneelys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

I get this error all the time after cancelling the duplicate merge feature.  When you tried to merge the error message appears.  Rootsmagic is super slow!!  I haven't got any answers as to why the program operates at a crawl.  It takes several minutes just to open a database, then still has the little circle going around and around, don't know what it is loading?  I still use RootsMagic 3 because 4 was too slow and now I've bought 7 and its Super Slow also! HELP!  I need a better program than RootMagic that can handle large databases easily.  Also there is no saving the duplicate merge list like in Rootsmagic 3.  Bad move Rootsmagic.  Now everytime I want to merge I have to wait hours for it to sort entire database.  I am very dissapointed in the Merge Feature of this program.  If anyone knows of a better program please let me know.

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6415 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

How large is your database?

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

What are your computer specifications?  Version of Windows, CPU, memory size, disk size, etc?

Are any other programs slow?

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8638 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

If you've been doing merging then its best to run the File>Database Tools all options. Its the Rebuild Indexes that help but its good to run all the database tools periodically on your database. That will improve the performance speed.

Renee
RootsMagic