• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

I'm use RootsMagic 6 and am trying to fix broken media links.

I can select Tools > Fix broken media links and select my C:\ drive drive, but the "Search this and all sub-folders" dialog box is grayed out and can't be selected so that I can choose a starting point for the search.  Instead, I have to search my entire C:\ drive to fix the links.

I did set a default media folder but I don't have the option so search beginning in that folder unless I search for broken links on my A:\ drive, which doesn't exist on my computer.  Even when I do try to search the A:\ drive, I can only search the root folder containing my media and none of its subfolders.

Any suggestions on how to set the specific start folder/subfolders for searching on my C:\ drive are appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6214 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

In the dropdown list in which you can select a drive, select instead "<A folder>". That enables you to browse to any drive and folder and select it. 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

Thank you.  I did that, but it doesn't give me the option to search all the subfolders.  It appears to be only searching the main folder.

Mark

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3405 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

Thank you.  I did that, but it doesn't give me the option to search all the subfolders.  It appears to be only searching the main folder.

Mark

It does search all sub folders.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root