Photo

Relationship between WebHints and FamilySearch Research Hints?

Web Hints FamilySearch Research Hints

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 munyama

munyama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

FamilySearch Family Tree added 570 million research hints on 22 Jan 2015.  Does this mean we now have new Web Hints from FamilySearch to draw on? 

Guess I am asking if Web Hints from FamilySearch are pulled from the same data being used in Research Hiints on Family Tree

Thank you - really enjoying using RM7

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5997 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Based on your terminology, I do not think that RM WebHints is connected to FSFT research hints (except maybe for persons that have been matched between FSFT and RM). Rather, your second paragraph has what I think is correct - both draw hints from FamilySearch databases. The difference may be that FSFT has a background process working away across everybody in the tree whether or not anyone is looking at them and accumulating hints for a reviewer while RM submits a fresh query for WebHints every time a person is brought into one of the Pedigree, Family and Descendants main views.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8108 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

Yes, you will see the exact same FamilySearch WebHints in RootsMagic as on the FamilySearch website's Record Hints for people in Family Tree.

So if 570 million records hints were added to FamilySearch Family Tree you will see them in the RootsMagic WebHints.

Renee
RootsMagic