3 replies to this topic

#1 Holm D T

Holm D T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

I use Windows 7, RM 7 .0.4.0 I have used all the database tools.  I noticed a Father was missing in Pedigree View.  I thought that I might have del. it.  So I added it.  It did not show up and thinking I might have not added him right a did it a few more times Also I tried to add him in the Family View.  He shows up in Timeline four times but not at the top.  He still does not show up in The Pedigree View or in the Family View. I need him to show up in Pedigree View and in Family View. and only once in the Timeline View.   

Tips on how to post an image would be nice also.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6211 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Upload image to an image hosting server such as postimage.org and paste its explicit link with the .jpg or .png filename extension into the link field of the insert image dialog.

Is it possible that this person is linked as a child to his spouse or to one of his descendants?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

You mentioned the father is missing. Is the mother there?  If so then it is suggesting to me you that have multiple sets of parents for the person, that do not have a spouse.  This is a linking issue.  We have a video that can help you walk through the different linking issues and how to resolve them.

40. Fixing Incorrect Family Links in RootsMagic
http://www.rootsmagic.com/webinars/

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Holm D T

Holm D T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Yes the mother is there.  Now the father shows up in the Pedigree View.    If I go to Descendants View and up to Father .  My x and I show up four times. The  timeline view my x shows up 4 times as child.  It should only show up once.  If I drop down and the top the first  parent shows up with mother only the other 3 parents show Father and Mother.  My x in laws.  I hope to look at the video tonight.   Thank you.