• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Danite9999

Danite9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

I can't connect to Family Search Family Tree through Roots Magic since I upgraded to version 7. I'm running Windows 8.1.  I've tried it with and without the Firewall on.  Roots Magic is registered on my firewall.  My internet works fine with every other application including this forum I'm logged into.

Also won't log into RM news server on start up.

It wouldn't work before and after the last Windows 8.1 update.

I called RM support and the person told me it was my problem. I don't think so because every other program and app works leaving Roots Magic the only thing that doesn't work. I might be wrong. But, I need a tech helper rather than a phone answerer.

I used it just fine before the upgrade.  Thanks for any help I can get.  I'm right in the middle of tons of work.

Thanks, James

#2 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

If you want, you can run version 6 and 7 on the same database, but not at the same time of course. If you ran the upgrade, and got rid of version 6, you can try to add the latest version 6 again, and see if that connects. I have both on Windows XP, where they work fine.

#3 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Just ran a test on my Dutch Windows 8.1, and on that, my RM 7 can connect to FamilySearch, and see the RootsMagic news.

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

http://forums.rootsm...eezing/?p=69687

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7993 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Make sure you have given your firewall or anti-virus program permission to have RootsMagic 7 access the internet. RootsMagic 6 and 7 are considered different programs by your firewall and each need their own rights to access. There isn't a generic RootsMagic access for every version.

Renee
RootsMagic