6 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

I am trying to do a Family Group Sheet ........... It shows one of the children twice ....... with different information on one of them ......... there is no duplicate person ... just the one ....... and on the main page it lists the child only once .........but shows up twice on the family group sheet. ??? any ideas?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

If listed twice but has different info on one ..that would seem to indicate two differing Record Numbers. To determine if that is so, turn on the display of < Record Number (RIN) > after each individual's name via:

Tools -> File Options -> Number to display after name

Each would typically have different RIN's.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

weird ! ......... so if I display the RINs ..... it only shows the one in Family Group Sheet .......... if I display "none" ......... it shows the person twice in Family Group Sheet ?     I also see this in other families that have more than one page of children  ???j..................

hmmm ......... could it be that the last person on the page doesn't have enough room to finish it, so it contines on the next page with same photo and the rest of the imformation?    That is what it looks like.......... 1st one (picture with name, birth and death .......... 2nd page with same child (picture with burial and marriage on it ????????  I think that is the answer, but don't know hot to fix it so that I don't show the same person twice.   ......... it only does it with the last person on a page ....

#4 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

ok ........ that is what it is ...... it is a "continuation" of that person. ......... so.... how can I fix this without having ro remove  some of the information (death, burial, etc)??   I am printing them for a book and I don't want to show anyone twice ...  It looks like there is plenty of room to the left of the picture ....... 

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

I am testing this and find that if I have a picture on someone that spans two pages it will not print them on the 1st page but add a blank spot. Then it will print them on the 2nd page. If they don't have a picture then the information will span between the pages. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Renee ...... Mine all have pictures, but the information on the last one span between 2 pages ................ I went in and changed the margins to ..5 at the top and it seems to clear it up ..... then went back and changed it to the default margin ........ and it seems to have fixed it .......... instead of 2 of the same person, it just moves her to the second page ... which is fine.   I just didn't like the split of one person......... thanks.

#7 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Renee ......... so mine is doing the same thing again .......it does like you say if I use the default margin ........... it adds a blank spot and put the next person on the 2nd page ......... if I change the margins (top and bottom) to .5 ....... it puts more on the page, but finishes the information of the last one on the second page with their picture again.    It looks like there is plenty of room for the information on the 1st page ... but it still selects to duplicate the picture and finish the info on the second page   ...