• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 puzzler

puzzler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

When I first open Rootsmagic, the dialog box "RootsMagic News" appears with a list of items.  On the bottom left is a checkbox labeled "Do not show me this again".  Does this apply to specific items on the news list (that is, once I have read an item, is it possible to

make that specific item go away...that would be really helpful!!!) or does this mean the entire news dialog box will go away and I will never see it again?  I am afraid to check the checkbox in case I lose the whole RootsMagic News dialog forever!!  :unsure:

Thanks!

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

When I first open Rootsmagic, the dialog box "RootsMagic News" appears with a list of items.  On the bottom left is a checkbox labeled "Do not show me this again".  Does this apply to specific items on the news list (that is, once I have read an item, is it possible to
make that specific item go away...that would be really helpful!!!) or does this mean the entire news dialog box will go away and I will never see it again?  I am afraid to check the checkbox in case I lose the whole RootsMagic News dialog forever!!  :unsure:

Thanks!

The whole dialog box goes away for good, not individual items. However it can be turned on again within the Program Options (under Tools).

#3 puzzler

puzzler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, J P. :)   So there is no way to clear the individual items as you read through them?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

No way to clear items off the RootsMagic News list. You can also temporarily make that screen come up by going to Internet>RootsMagic News.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news