• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Breslin

Breslin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

I have been using the Roots Magic Version 7 now and really enjoy it. I like the way the new web site has been put together and it makes the site fun and easy to use.  I have noticed however that when creating the web site it will only upload certain pictures from my program.   I creates them and uploads them but I only have about 2 or 3 people that get their pictures inserted on to the website.  Several are missing.  Any ideas. Thanks

My site is posted at

http://young.hislovi...Tree/index.html 

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1504 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

I visited this site, and have some questions.

1) In the Name Index, and on the Individual Details pages there are three pink boxes next to the names. It was not at all clear what they were for, but when I slowed down and hovered over them I got some popup tips. Why aren't there icons to indicate the action of these three "buttons" ?

2) When in the Pedigree Chart, I could not click on a name to get to the Individual Details. Why not?

3) I'm running Win7 64-bit with IE11, with all automatic updates. That should be a good browser for the RM7 websites, right?

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

I'm not sure about missing images for individuals, but both Firefox and Chrome say that your site is not loading three of the most basic image files that zangrau mentions:

2015_01_07_232415.jpg

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#4 Breslin

Breslin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Yes I have been noticing that as well.   I have just started to use this updated program and when I first put them up I did not even see them.   Later they appeared and worked.  Later the did not.   I am still trying to figure out why.  

#5 Breslin

Breslin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

I did an uninstall and the reloaded the site and Icons seem to be working now.

#6 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

b(^o^)d

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1504 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Yes, now the icons are showing. The navigation makes MUCH more sense.

But, there's no way for me to know which individuals you wanted pictures on. I tried browsing a bit, but didn't find any individuals with a picture. So I can't comment on those.