6 replies to this topic

#1 Mardon

Mardon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Is there a way to print a list of all the blood relatives of the selected person and, ideally, show the relationship to the selected person? 

This would be a very useful report for me but I can't find any way to do it.

Could this be done with SQLite?

Thoughts?

#2 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

Reports > Lists > Kinship List

#3 Mardon

Mardon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Oh my!  [Egg on my face.]   I should have known that.  Sorry to have bothered you but the help is much appreciated! :mellow:

#4 CanyonHiker17

CanyonHiker17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

Not sure Kinship List is the way to go though.  If I do that with myself as the selected person, it also lists my wife, my son's wife, my mother's sister's husband, etc.  None of these are "blood" relatives.

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

Not sure Kinship List is the way to go though.  If I do that with myself as the selected person, it also lists my wife, my son's wife, my mother's sister's husband, etc.  None of these are "blood" relatives.

I don't believe there is a better alternative at present. Fortunately, the OP didn't need ONLY blood relatives and relationships ...or you're right... he'd have to edit out the " ___ in law" and "spouse of ___" from the report.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 Mardon

Mardon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Actually, I was hoping to get a list of only blood relatives but the kinship list is close enough.  As kbenOn states, I can edit the report.  Having said that, it would be a nice feature to have a checkbox option to omit/include the spouses.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

Renee
RootsMagic