• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 L Nelson

L Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:29 AM

In Organizer when I'm typing short phrases to be used for my story, is all that text saved immediately (as in RootsMagic)? What about Composer? I've noticed that if I click Save, it takes me out of the story editor, so I don't want to have to do that very often.  :)

TIA.

Laurie

P.S. I'm a longtime user of RootsMagic and Family Origins. I just started using Personal Historian when I saw the special price was extended, and I love it. I've been trying for several years to write some things about myself and my relatives that I can give to my children and grandchildren. This program is SO good for people who don't know how to organize their thoughts and write something people will enjoy reading. I'm a retired software technical writer, so I know how to organize thoughts into a cohesive output for writing instructions. But Personal Historian makes it easier even for us writers. And the Life Capsules are pure genius.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

It will not save automatically. You do need to Save so its not lost. If you don't want the window to close on you, use File>Save as needed. The Save button works as File>Save and Close

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 L Nelson

L Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thanks, Renee. I figured it out later the night I left my question. I should've explored Personal Historian more before I asked.