#1 kidye

kidye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

Hello 

I'm a beginner to roots magic.

I've been starting process of filling out info to my family tree, I've been viewing some instruction video's.

I would like to add profile pictures from my computer to people in my trees , however I've not managed to figure out how .

I have not found an instruction video for this , does anyone know where i can find instruction for this?

It seems to be more complicated than ancestry. com or facebook  

Kim

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Open any individual's Edit Person screen. Find the word "Person" to the left of that individual's name. Now follow that row across from left to right and at the end you will see three little squares with icons above them. They are GeneralNote/Sources/Media. Click on the empty little box below the Camera icon and then add an image to the media gallery and associate it with the individual by clicking <Tag media> button and checkmarking <Primary photo for this person>. It will be shown near the upper left corner of most screens after selection (just to the left of the individual's name and info).

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

You can also choose to include the Primary photo for a person in various reports. You can NOT print the primary photo for facts/events in the reports, although you can create a scrapbook to include ALL of the photos for a person, place, etc.

#4 kidye

kidye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

Thank you both for your help , I poked around and found this video that was helpful for me ,http://youtu.be/7GBMinHdsvQ

it speaks of roots magic from about 6min in till about 14min thought i'd post this in the event it may me helpful.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Further to Kevin's instructions which open the Media Album for that Person (initially empty), you can now in RM7 drag multiple media items from Windows File Explorer and drop them into the Media Album and they will be auto tagged to the person. You can then select any of the media and add tags to other things.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.