• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EDHUBS

EDHUBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

I have my Media Files in a removable Disk D. Too many pictures in that file. I want to transfer only the pictures in the Galley to another Disk. How??

Ed

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

There are a number of different image/photo management programs available. I use one called Graphic Workshop Professional, other prefer something else.

Anyway, with GWP I can look at a folder full of image thumbnails, select them one at a time or in a contiguous group, and then copy/move the images to another folder (which could be on another drive).

There is no tool inside of RootsMagic to this task.

Remember, after moving the files to go to the RM Media Gallery and use the "Fix broken media links" tool.

#3 EDHUBS

EDHUBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thank you

Ed

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Ed, if you are unconcerned about preserving a folder hierarchy, you could use either:
- Create a shareable cd
- Backup database with media files

Both processes consolidate all media under one folder and revise the links in the Media a Gallery accordingly. You can then move the folder where you want and fix the broken media links arising therefrom.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.