• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KVHumiston

KVHumiston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

I tried last night to update my webpage (originally created in RM6, and recently "claimed" and reinstalled into RM7), and something very strange and upsetting has happened to it.  When I click on the pedigree view from the home page, it is completely blank.  Nothing.  I click on "root Person" -- still nothing.  The name index is still there, and what is really strange is that if I click on a name in the index, it does go to that person's individual view, and from there I can get into the pedigree view, but if I try to go into the pedigree screen from the home page, I just get a complete blank.  Also, if I get into the pedigree view from the name index as I described above, and then click on "root person," it goes blank again.  I just gave a lot of friends and family members my new URL, and now my webpage is pretty much non-functional.  Help!

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

The website may have not be fully populated when you tried this. Can you give me the URL so I can look at it. If you don't want to on the forums then open a support ticket.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 KVHumiston

KVHumiston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

I have a support ticket, unless it's been closed out.  The request number was 47592.  You were helping me with other webpage problems, and then Christmas shut things down.  I did post the problem in there as well, and have been waiting for a reply.

My URL is http://sites.rootsma...incentHumiston/

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, I took a week off after Christmas for surgery. I'm really backed up on my support tickets. I will take a look at it.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Actually I just looked a the website. I'm wondering if inside RootsMagic you haven't specified a Root Person that can be visible. Go to Tools>File Options>General and click on the Roots Person button to set a Root Person for the website. You especially need to pick someone that the website can use if you have any filters that would not display the current Root Person in your database. 

Renee
RootsMagic