Photo

Files disappears from Open Recent folder.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

On a new laptop with Windows 7 Home, I opened up 3 Files with the Restore command. They will stay in my Open Recent folder through out the day. 

Next day two files will be gone. I then have to open these files using Restore again. The File folder is C:/RM data. This has happened over 1/2 dozen times now. All these Files were Backed up.

Kid

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3437 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

I always thought the Open Recent list only tracked databases opened with File->Open menu choice. I don't restore much so I'm not sure about how RM tracks recent Restore attempts. Restore is not a typical way to open databases. Restore extracts a previously backed-up database from a .RMGB archive file and overwrites the existing .RMGC database with that name in your default RM database files folder (potentially losing any new research added since the backup was created).

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8291 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

The databases should be where you restored them to. Do you have default folders set inside RootsMagic for where you are restoring your databases to?  Go to Tools>Program Options>Folders.  Then use File>Open to open the database you recently restored to the default folder. Then they will stay in your recently opened list.

Renee
RootsMagic