• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deannabullock

deannabullock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

Every time I sync a person from RM7 to FS FamilyTree lately they go into FSFT as living even if the living box in my RM7 is NOT checked, and no matter their date of birth or christening.  This means I have to go into FSFT for each person and edit them from living to deceased.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening.  Thank you, Deanna

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

FamilySearch has been playing with these settings in the FT API. We've watched over the past couple of months them change every variation possible on how living people are determined. Over two weeks ago they fixed it back to where anyone born over 110 years ago was marked deceased. This past week its changed again and now it doesn't matter if the person was born in the 1600s, if they don't have a death fact they will appear as living. It is simply not paying attention to the living flag setting in RM when you add a person to FT.  What you need to do is add a blank death fact in RM and send it to Family Tree so the person is marked deceased.  We are trying to work with them on getting some determination on the living status settled so we can all move forward.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Interesting that issue is still listed on pending modifications. Perhaps there was a bug and they will fix it on the 15th of January. 

https://familysearch...g-modifications