8 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

Is there a way to choose the options that show on a Family Group Sheet?   I have all kinds of stuff in mine (military, religion, occupation, etc).  I would like to print one with just the basics ...name, birth, death, marriage .... etc .........   ........and is there a way to resize the photos?   I usually end up with four people on a page and the next page has 2 lines on it ....    ......... it seems like we had more control in the old  "Family Origons: .... thanks ... Sandy

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

You can set what fact types are included in Family Groups Sheets by editing fact types in Lists > Fact Type List, unchecking "Family Group Sheets" under the "Include when:" heading. You have no control over the size of photos.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Tom .... ..thank you ..... that will help ....

#4 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

You could make a temporary copy of your database.  Then edit the fact types as needed so that they do not display in the Family Group Sheet.  Create the Family Group Sheets as needed.  Then delete the temporary copy of your database.

If you do this, you do not have to go back to re-enable the settings for fact types to the factory settings.  Tested in V7.  It works.

See my related posting below from 2010:

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

'bienia', on 06 Apr 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:snapback.png

The only report are the Reports, Lists, Ahnentafel (does not include children), or the narrative Ancestor reports with or without children.

You idea sounds like something to add to the RM wish list forum.

Try an ancestor report with children. First, go to the list of fact types and turn off reporting for all fact types that you do not want. However, this is so labor intensive that I have not tried it. Then you would need to turn fact reporting on again. Several years ago I had a wish list suggestion for this type of reporting. I proposed having multiple sets of fact arrays whereby certain facts could be turned on or off depending on the person who would get the report. With such a feature, the user would not have to keep turning fact reporting on and off.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

While open, my RMtrix utility can take a snapshot of Fact Type output settings and restore them to it. See http://sqlitetoolsfo...lities - RMtrix

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

I would create a new database to use as a template for Family Group Sheets restricted to certain facts.

In the new database, go to File, Import lists.

Select the file to import from as your main database.

Uncheck every box except Fact types.

Go to Lists, Fact type list and uncheck the Family Group Sheet box for every fact you do not want to be in a FGS.

Backup the database.

When you are ready to create the limited fact FGS's, restore the backup into a new folder.

Drag and Drop either everyone or selected people into the new copy of the database from the main database.  Create the FGS's.

Or, instead of doing a backup and restore of the template database, you can copy it and work in the copy which is my choice.

Delete the copy of the template database when you finish.

RootsMagic, thank you for the new Import lists feature.

#7 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

so ...... I want to do a Family Group sheet ... that shows pictures and children of both wives. ............. Father (pic), Mother-1 (pic),  child-1 (pic) ..........Mother-2 (pic), child-2 (pic).    Is this possible? ......... currently it will only show which ever wife is chosen  ......... and actually he is divorced .... but I want to show the mothers of the children with pictures ???   Any ideas?   Thanks.

#8 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

Generate FGS for both families, save to RTF, combine the two in MS Word. 

#9 Sandy21

Sandy21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I tried that ..... it almost works ..... but it puts the information down below the picture ..... and leaves a big blank to the left of the picture .......... trying to copy/paste.... but so far I can't get it to look good at all .......... I guess I will just do 2 family group sheets for the father .... . thanks.