3 replies to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

I have identified that the Database Compare tool if "closed" before it completes Analyzing Matches leaves the program in an unintended state. The Compact Database tool aborts because of the SQLite 1 error. Closing the database causes an Access Violation. From the persistence of SQLite "journal" files that are supposed to exist only for the duration of a successful SQLite transaction, it is apparent that both the main file and the DUP file are left in mid-transaction.

It is probable that aborting Database Compare is not the only cause for these errors to arise. It is advisable to let Database Compare complete its analysis or to avoid using it altogether if you want to reduce the probability of these disconcerting errors.

I have communicated my findings to RootsMagic.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Confirming issue noted in tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 cmcnaul

cmcnaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I also get a secondary error message on top of the SQLite error 1. It's SQLite Error 5 is this also an error message being reported with the error1?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

I believe the issue TomH mentioned was fixed in 7.0.2.2. What version are you using?  Were you using the Compare Files tools and doing what TomH described?

Renee
RootsMagic