• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccarruthers

ccarruthers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

I like the wall chart shown in RootsMagic 6.  You can choose an image for a background, have individual photos, and change the placement of boxes in the tree.  When I tried to make mine it didn't include the photos, even though I had checked the box to include photos.  It also didn't word wrap names, but I could fix that by stretching the box.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5536 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

The only photo that will be output for a person is the one tagged to the Person, not those tagged to Family, Facts/Events, Sources, Citations...

Word-wrap is not a feature. It and/or auto-sizing of boxes to fit might be nice. 

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

I just tested a 10-generation Ancestors wall chart, set to build left-to-right. Both long names (given & surname, plus record number) and long place names DID, in fact, word wrap within the 1"x3" boxes that I had previously set.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Make sure you added the photos with the Media Type as Image. Can you see the primary photo in the info box inside RootsMagic on the individual? Are there any red boxes on those images?

Renee
RootsMagic