11 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'd like to request a feature that allows colorization of fact types. For instance, I'd like to make the Marriage fact green, the Residence fact blue, the Birth fact yellow, etc., so it stands out more in the Edit Person screen. I've got many people with tons of facts and having facts colorized would make certain fact types pop out more.

It should be a feature that one could enable or disable as desired.

~ Debbie

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

I think I'd like that. And, just like colors available for marking Groups, etc. there should be more that 16 colors. A standard palate like that for http://websafecolors.info/ would be a great improvement.

#3 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

I would like to colorize facts as it would allow me to specify it's quality when I go though and review imported sources. 

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

I would like to colorize facts as it would allow me to specify it's quality when I go though and review imported sources.

Not sure I follow that, Kyle. Sounds like different colours for the same fact type for different people or even for multiple such facts for the same person. That is quite different from Debbie's request to color code by fact type.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Not sure I follow that, Kyle. Sounds like different colours for the same fact type for different people or even for multiple such facts for the same person. That is quite different from Debbie's request to color code by fact type.

Yes it would be different colors for the same fact type. Not different colors for each event though.  It is a different request but related.  

#6 MVS

MVS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

There is an old post from August 2010 that may be relevant (there may be earlier ones) http://forums.rootsm...reen/?hl=colour

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

There is an old post from August 2010 that may be relevant (there may be earlier ones) http://forums.rootsm...reen/?hl=colour

That link does not work the way you intended, Mark. Do you mean 

Filtering or Highlightin of Facts List in Edit Person Screen?

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#8 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

He actually intended to use the highlight feature:

http://forums.rootsm...reen/?hl=colour

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#9 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Okay, but the first link went to the Forums home page, not the topic. That's what I meant by "intended". He may not have intended to highlight "colour"; that is a consequence of searching for "colour" using the Forum search tool. I used Google.

#10 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

It was pretentious of me to assume I knew the intention. Sorry for the absolute-sounding reply. Just noted that the string '...reen/?hl=colour' was in his (and my) links.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#11 MVS

MVS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Tom - thanks for the tip on using Google to search the forums. You are right - it is a lot easier. And yes - that is the topic I meant to link to,

MVS.

#12 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: color, facts, edit, list, types