Photo

Is the native Mac version and enhancements now pushed to RM8?

wish list enhancements

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

No, this part of the program did not change. We are still working on a rewrite of RootsMagic for the native Mac & PC version. We only added new features in RM7 that would not conflict with the rewrite development schedule. Of course, anything is possible with RM7 updates in the future. 

I have to say I was a little disappointed that many many of the enhancements which have been put forward over many years by numerous forum members do not seem to feature in RM7. The vast majority of these enhancements were for logical change to overcome functionality difficulties in the existing feature set and therefore, I would argue, deserved addressing.

I do however take some ray of hope from the statement above which seems to hint at some major updates in the future of RM7 making these long overdue enhancements complete.

However I do also wonder whether such major work will be held back until next November where RM8 can be marketed as an all new Mac & PC version and include the enhancements which I, and I am sure other users, were expecting. If so that will leave RM7 a little short of change in terms two years of development in my opinion.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wish list, enhancements