Photo

Sources and source images from FamilySearch do not show in my offline database.

sources source images attaching sources

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjblythe

cjblythe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

I have been tinkering with the sourcing from FamilySearch online and I'm a bit frustrated because I can't figure out how to attach the source and source documents or images so they appear in my own database - and not just online. Do I have to physically download the image and manually enter the new source in my own database?

Also, how can I ignore hints so they disappear without saying they're are not connected? Some of the soures offered are not to the quality I like or duplicate ones I already have.

Thanks,

Christine

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

It doesn't hurt the Family Tree if you add sources that are duplicates. So I would go ahead and add any source that truly is a source for that person. Then the Webhints will turn white with nothing pending.

You do need to manually enter the fact, source and media to your RootsMagic person. At this time there is no direct transfer from within Webhints. Hopefully the companies will provide this in their APIs.

What you can do with FamilySearch hints is attach the source to the person on Family Tree. Add the event from the record also to Family Tree.

Then inside RootsMagic go to the FamilySearch Person Tools and on the Share Data tab move that fact into RootsMagic. On the Source tab in the FamilySearch Person Tools you can add the source you just attached to the fact in RootsMagic. 

Renee
RootsMagic