1 reply to this topic

#1 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

When I check the WebHints on My Heritage, I see many matches that I'm not too fond of, like the many persons copied from one tree to another, part of which are duplicates of persons in my own tree. They can't be filtered away by changing confidence levels, because if they're duplicates, they're good matches ..., good but worthless anyway.

There's one type of match that I do like to see however, and that's the one with profiles on Geni. I have an account there, and for some odd reason, My Heritage wants to charge me for profiles that I can access with my free Geni account. Since quite a significant portion of profiles on Geni appears to be quite well researched, and moderated, I consider this to be a real omission on the site of My Heritage.

Since there is an agreement between My Heritage and RootsMagic, and a few other companies like Coret-genealogie, it would be nice when someone can talk My Heritage into providing better access for Geni subscribers. This would add a lot of value to the My Heritage WebHints for myself, and using My Heritage as a portal for this would probably be easier for RootsMagic programmers than creating a direct interface to the Geni site, which is already fully owned by My Heritage.

Is there any way to get this message to the responsible people at My Heritage? I value Geni way more than the main site, because of the reasons mentioned above, and if they respond, it would be nice to be able to filter on Geni matches in RootsMagic itself, like one can already distinguish between record and tree matches.

If My Heritage can't do this, I'll probably switch off My Heritage WebHints alltogether.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8175 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

You can submit suggestions or questions to MyHeritage at - http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/

Renee
RootsMagic