2 replies to this topic

#1 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

Is there a report that I can run that will tell me what places are not standardized or have problems? 

I have found County Check but it does not seem to give me the results I want as it returns suggestions to things that are already standardized.

Edited by Kyle Law, 27 November 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6034 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

Open Lists > Place List and run Geocode. It will automatically assign Lat/Long and Standardized place name to those that do not have geo-coordinates and that it recognises and will present you a list of those that it is uncertain about for you to pick a possible match. Not a report per se. 

You could generate Reports > List > Place List with the settings "Print all places in the database" and "Print latitude and longitude if entered". Look for those places lacking lat/long - they probably do not have a Standardized Name. It is possible that you might have manually geocoded a place and not entered a Standardized Name. 

Otherwise, it's another SQLite query... for example, Places - Frequency of Use.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3281 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Is there a report that I can run that will tell me what places are not standardized or have problems? 

I have found County Check but it does not seem to give me the results I want as it returns suggestions to things that are already standardized.

Long outstanding wishes still to be fulfilled but the apparent direction of the masses seems to be different from the feelings on these forums.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.8, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root