• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RuthA

RuthA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:58 AM

I imported a TMG v.9.04.0000 project directly into RM7.  In the Edit Person page, parents are displayed twice, on separate lines one above the other.

This doesn't happen with a Gedcom v5.5 import prepared from the same program and ANSI.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

I haven't seen this issue reported before. We made no changes to the TMG Import in version 7. What you are describing are duplicate links to the parents or duplicate parents. The only way to tell the difference is to display the Record Number (RIN) after their name.  Go to Tools>File Options>General and under "Number to display after name" select "Record Number (RIN).

Let us know which you are seeing, and also check in TMG that you don't have those same type of links there.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 RuthA

RuthA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

I don't have duplicate lines in TMG.  The duplicate parents in RM7 have the same RIN.   However, I have deleted the RM7 project, and reimported the TMG project file.  The problem appears to have disappeared, so what happened the first time is a mystery.  If, after using the RM7 project for a while, I discover the problem has reoccurred, I will repost.