• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J Elting

J Elting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

I just now upgraded to RM7. When I was in my file, I tried several times to change from Family view to any other view (by clicking on the tabs). The program would just hang up and I would have to go to Task Manager to get out of the program.

James Elting

Please disregard the above. When I first clicked on the Descendant view tab, I had my file on my Root person. It was just taking longer to refresh the view than I anticipated. Just 160,000 people :-)

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Where is your database being stored on your computer? Did you install RM7 on the C Drive in the Program Files (x86) folder?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 J Elting

J Elting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

Renee, that is where I installed it. But I just went back in and tried setting the root person to myself and it works fine. I think it was because earlier, the root person was my progenitor in this country and I have over 160000 records. It must have been taking quite awhile to refresh from "Family" view to "Descendant" view.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Maybe it was busy getting WebHints?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.