3 replies to this topic

#1 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Is the upgrade version of Roots Magic 7 the same as the full version?  The reason I'm asking is I am thinking about ordering the Roots Magic 7 special package that includes Roots Magic 7, the book, Family Atlas, and Personal Historian.  How easy is it to integrate Roots Magic 7 files with Family Atlas and Personal Historian?  When was the last time either of these programs were updated?  Thanks for any input.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8239 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

The upgrade is the full version. We offer the upgrade price to users that purchased a previous version, that's the only difference. Just an FYI, but if you ever download a RM update or RM Essentials it will be the full version also. You just your key to unlock the full features.

The last updates were

Personal Historian 2 - 28 Feb 2012

Family Atlas - 21 Aug 2009

You will need to use a GEDCOM to import into Family Atlas since it hasn't been updated to accept the new file format. Personal Historian 2 will do a direct import just fine. There are webinars that will demonstrate how the programs work at http://www.rootsmagic.com/webinars .

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Thank you for providing an explanation.  I'm sorry to hear Family Atlas has not been updated since 2009 and does not accept the current file format.  I will be passing on the bundle for this reason.  Is there a reason Family Atlas is no longer being updated? 

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8239 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Family Atlas is still on the development list, so updates are planned. I just have no access, nor could I tell you if I did, when that is planned.

The only reason it hasn't been updated since 2009 is because its pretty stable. The most pressing item is the need to update the direct import of RM6 & RM7 files, since GEDCOM works it hasn't warranted side tracking the RootsMagic development schedule to work on it. 

Renee
RootsMagic