12 replies to this topic

#1 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can this RM 7 upgrade be applied to Android as yet ?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

There should be no effect on the Android or iPad apps as the database structure is exactly the same as for RootsMagic 6. There is no need to revise the mobile apps because there is a new desktop version.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 ianmann8246

ianmann8246

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

Are Rootsmagic going to offer its existing users the free upgrade as they have always done or are we going to pay for the upgrade this time?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

Are Rootsmagic going to offer its existing users the free upgrade as they have always done or are we going to pay for the upgrade this time?

You always get a free update for the version number you are currently using. But, RootsMagic 7 is not an update to RootsMagic 6 its an Upgrade. Those cost. The only time people get a free upgrade is if they purchased the previous version within 90 days of the new release. The official cut-off date is 24 Aug 2014 for a free upgrade.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Shuggie B

Shuggie B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'd investigate very carefully the benefits of upgrading before handing over your money. If the additional facilities are not needed then why bother?

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

I guess that depends on how hard it is to part with $20. A benefit of upgrading is that you stay in the mainstream of users and mutual support but it is often wise to hold off until the early adopters have identified the problems and key fixes have been done.

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

When I go to data base tools and do the first 3 there are no problems.

When I try to compact data base I get error message

"RM has encountered an unexpected error.

SQLite Error 1 cannot VACUUM SQL Statements in pr"

how can this be fixed and what is causing it ???????

#8 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

Some process was not finished properly by the software leaving the database engine with an uncommitted transaction. Try closing the database, then close RootsMagic, reopen and try the database tools again from top to bottom ( at this point, only the integrity check and compact really matter).

#9 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

You always get a free update for the version number you are currently using. But, RootsMagic 7 is not an update to RootsMagic 6 its an Upgrade. Those cost. The only time people get a free upgrade is if they purchased the previous version within 90 days of the new release. The official cut-off date is 24 Aug 2014 for a free upgrade.

Renee,

I could use a little help - please see this topic (paid but no D/L email sent)

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...

#10 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Some process was not finished properly by the software leaving the database engine with an uncommitted transaction. Try closing the database, then close RootsMagic, reopen and try the database tools again from top to bottom ( at this point, only the integrity check and compact really matter).

Tom still doing it

I backed up and closed down then re opened

When I go to data base tools and do the first 3 there are no problems.

When I try to compact data base I get error message

"RM has encountered an unexpected error.

SQLite Error 1 cannot VACUUM SQL Statements in pr"

how can this be fixed and what is causing it ???????

#11 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

There has been prior experience of this and discussion. Perhaps a review of that may give you a clue. If it persists, I suggest you go after a support ticket and submit your file.

One other thought, copy your file to a different name and try the same Database Tools operations on it.

#12 RM6User

RM6User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

How do you go about doing this as i have bought and register on Oct 4th 2014

#13 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Contact sales@rootsmagic.com or Phone: 801-489-3102 - Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm (MT)

Renee
RootsMagic