3 replies to this topic

#1 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

I am appreciative of the new compare database feature. It alone I feel will be worth the upgrade. That is as long as I can get it behave. 

So my question is how can I help it match up with individuals in my tree. I already have a reference number for each individual in both database to prepare for the compare.  However the compare database feature does not seem to be taking that into consideration. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

The Compare File will by default display people that have conflicting information. There is a checkbox near the bottom to display all matches. The looking for matches is similar to how the Duplicate Merge Search works, but without the controls for criteria. There isn't any one fact, record number or reference number that is going to tell it to compare against. It's basically reviewing the information on the people in the database and telling you if there is a match or no match for them in the other database. Then you can decide how you want to resolve those differences.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 anzenketh

anzenketh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

The looking for matches is similar to how the Duplicate Merge Search works, but without the controls for criteria. 

What is the criteria. How much of the information needs to be the same for it to match them up. I am running into a problem to where people who are a exact match are returning not a match. This is why I am asking how can I help it along. 

There are also cases to where it states there is conflicting information when there really is none that I can see. 

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Could you open a support ticket and send us a backup of your database for testing? Then we can see why they are not considered exact matches. Let us know which people to look at.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic