I am trying to create a group that will show all people using Sources that contain any comment, either in the Master Text field or the Detail Text field. This is what I'm doing, but I'm not getting the results I want:
- Create a new group
- In Select People screen I click Mark People/Select people by data fields
- In the next window I choose:
- Source (general) --- comment is not blank OR
- Source (general) --- research note is not blank OR
- Source (general) --- detail comment is not blank
- I click OK and it returns with a group of people. But this list only seems to include people using sources that have a Master Text which shows in the citation manager window as Source text/comments. No one on the list has source entries that include Detail text (Research notes/comments in Citation Manager window) as I would expect.
The Detail Text field is what I've been using to document, for instance, other members in a household for the census. I would like to keep track of these kinds of entries.
What am I doing wrong?