4 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

This is a pretty minor nitpick, but it's still annoying. I'm sure it won't be fixed in RM6 - maybe I could hope for RM7?

In Lists->Source, highlight a Master Source, click Edit, do whatever editing you wish to do, exit Edit, and the Master Source that was highlighted originally is still highlighted. This is correct behavior, and it's a very good thing.

In Lists->Source, highlight a Master Source, click Print, do whatever printing you wish to do, exit Print, and the the Master source that was highlighted originally is no longer highlighted. You are kind of flying blind as to where you are. For example, if you wanted to highlight the next Master Source in sequence and click Print again, it's very hard to figure out where you are.

A workaround when exiting Print leaves the active Master Source without highlighting is to click Edit and immediately exit from the Edit dialog. This process will restore the needed highlighting of the current Master Source.

Jerry

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm not seeing this happen. Are you selecting to "Print a single source"?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

The Print and AutoMerge buttons cause the typical transition from blue highlight to a colorless gray highlight for showing the selected Master Source name, but do not return to the blue highlight when exited. The other buttons return to the normal blue highlight. Jerry if you do not see the gray highlight, I'd suggest you might have some luck adjusting your monitor settings until the behaviors are made consistent.

2014_11_25_200827.jpg

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'm not seeing this happen. Are you selecting to "Print a single source"?

Yes, "Print a single source".

Tom is correct that the gray highlight is there, but it does not return properly to the blue highlight. However, Tom is also correct that the gray highlight is so faint that it's very difficult to see on my monitor. So there are two problems - the failure to return to the blue highlight, and the fact that the gray highlight is too faint to see most of the time.

Trouble is, the same failure of RM's gray highlight to be very visible has been there for many years on numerous different monitors. So it's not just this monitor. I have no idea how to adjust any of the monitors I've worked with to get more contrast between the gray highlighting and the white background.

Screencast of problem (34 seconds long): http://screencast.com/t/DQtp81Vd9u8g

Jerry

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Confirming issue noted in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic