Goal = To find all census records already in RM in one surname.
- Created a custom report with Surname, Given, Record #, Census date, Census Family Date,
- Created a group of a Surname
- Generated the report
- saved to .rtf, then .txt
- both reports .rtf and .txt when copied into a spreadsheet, took the 2nd, 3rd & 4th date in the Census Date column and made them a new row, losing the Surname, Given, and R ecord #.
- Your statement that .txt will go into a spreadsheet, is not really valid.
Remedy for 389 persons in the custom report.
- Saved it to a .rtf put in word
- Created 4 more columns
- move all dates that were 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dates to new column
- Then was able to copy the file into a spreadsheet to make it work.
This needs to be fixed. Took, total time, about an hour to figure out why, and how to make it work. Then moved all dates to a new column.
Anyone else tried this and did you have the same issue.