• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LindaReinfeld

LindaReinfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

I have been trying to convert my TMG database to RM6 (version 6.3.3.2). At one point I was successful, but can't seem to do it anymore. I get an error: Access violation at address 00408F4C in module 'RootsM' It seems to die in the sources/citations area. The count for sources goes to 120 and then I get the error. I have many more sources. The message says to send to RM so they can improve their product, which I have.

Thanks for the help

Linda Reinfeld

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

Were you importing your TMG database into a new RootsMagic database with a different database name for the RM database name?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

I am assuming you have followed the document for the steps to do before the import with your TMG file. You will find this document when you try to do the import into RootsMagic.

Access violations errors are tricky. Why don't you open a support ticket and send a copy of your TMG file so we can test the import.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 LindaReinfeld

LindaReinfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

Laura - Yes, I am trying to create a new RM database from my TMG database. And the RM database had a different name. I have done that before, created a new database with a different name. Without errors.

Renee - I can open a support ticket - but I don't see how I can send a file - my TMG database is composed of many files, Unless I would send a special backup that TMG creates, called a .sqz file.

Linda

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5536 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

The SQZ file is the best way to deliver all your database files; it's a ZIP file which they can extract without even having Legacy. A parallel test for you would be to see if you can export your TMG database to GEDCOM; that process might hiccup and, if it does, it is indicative of either database corruption or some interfering process such as Dropbox or a virus scanner.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 LindaReinfeld

LindaReinfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

I can't attach my .sqz file to the request for help - the ticket - an error message comes up saying it is too big.

Is their something unique with sources, or known problems with sources? I have been working a lot with my sources lately. I have quite a few unused sources. Would that cause a problem? I have one source with over 8,000 citations. Would that cause a problem? I have 5875 sources. Would that cause a problem?

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

If your file it to large for the ticket system then let support know that. They will send you a link where you can upload your file.

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 LindaReinfeld

LindaReinfeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I was able to recreate the error using only 4,000 people from my database (out of 30,000), so I could upload that file.

I have created a ticket

Thanks -

Linda