• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RyszardZ

RyszardZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

In querying the forums, I noticed that the following two issues were discussed in 2006 and 2009 but I could not find any further information. If these been addressed and resolved since then, this posting can be disregarded.

1} Color Coding Default Color

In the 'Color Coding' menu, 'Set Color' option - the color always defaults to Red. The marking/coloring of several people in succession can be done very quickly and easily, that is if you want Red. For other colors the process slows down by doubling the key strokes from 2 to 4. [cntl-C | 'OK']  vs  [cntl-C | open color menu | select color | 'OK']

Is there a way to make the last selected color persistent?

In other words, the last color selected will remain as the default for the next Color Coding action. So if I wanted to color 10 people Blue, I would only have to select the color blue only the first time. The remaining 9 actions would only require 18 key strokes instead of 36.

2} Clear All Colors

Could the Color Coding 'Do This' box have the 'Clear all Colors' button moved to a different location? Or as suggested before, have a confirmation warning appear?

When selecting the Lime or Blue colors I have accidentally clicked the 'Clear all colors' button without realizing it until too late. Which ever so slightly, but most assuredly, did not make for a happy day when I once lost 20 minutes of color coding due to rapid key hitting. (yes, I know if I had saved every X minutes, the loss would have been negligible).

But putting aside my maladroit key stroke abilities, I think it would be beneficial if the 'Clear all colors' button was not in a location that could be erroneously selected and processed.

Ryszard

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 RyszardZ

RyszardZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:14 AM

Renee,

Thank you very much for the follow up.

Its good to know that you are current on all these requests.

Thank you,

RyszardZ