• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 debrr

debrr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

I have inherited an Ipad 2. I don't know much about this OS but would like to know if I purchased MacBridge would it run efficiently on this older model? I noticed someone mentioned it uses a lot of memory. Could this be a problem?

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

I have inherited an Ipad 2. I don't know much about this OS but would like to know if I purchased MacBridge would it run efficiently on this older model? I noticed someone mentioned it uses a lot of memory. Could this be a problem?

No, MacBridge will not run on any model of the iPad.

MacBridge is intended to run on a Mac computer that runs recent versions of the OS X operating system. So, a MacBook (Air or Pro), an iMac, a Mac Mini or a Mac Pro.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

MacBridge is for the Mac Operating System not for iOS which iPad uses. The only RootsMagic product that works on iOS is the RootsMagic app in the iPad/iPhone App Store - it is for viewing only.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

You would install the free RootsMagic App for iOS on your iPad. It is read-only so you cannot enter new information in it. You need either a Windows or Mac computer (with MacBridge) to create the RootsMagic database the app needs to read.

You can read more about it here - http://www.rootsmagic.com/App/

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 wdbeam1

wdbeam1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

Roots magic works OK on the Mac, but unfortunately it's still a bandaid solution. On the IPad or Iphone syncing or is not an option.
Hopefully a true Roots magic program for Mac users is in the works.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

We are working on a native Mac version of RootsMagic as a desktop program. The iOS app is totally different.

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 wdbeam1

wdbeam1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

We are working on a native Mac version of RootsMagic as a desktop program. The iOS app is totally different.

First let me say I am a long time user and recommender of RootofsMagic. It has been one of the standard bearer of genealogy programs.

However I don't understand them dropping the ball on Apple. New, and some very good apps are cropping up all the time. And we have been hearing for a long time, and still are "its coming"

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Can't see how we are dropping the ball on Apple - we do have an iOS app. Working to release a native Mac desktop version isn't dropping the ball either. Nobody wants a program released when its not ready. We have the MacBridge so Mac users can run RootsMagic until the native version is ready.

Renee
RootsMagic