4 replies to this topic

#1 Pheney

Pheney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

I have created some master sources that include a website as part of the footnote template e.g.:

[Name], New South Wales, Australia, death reg no. [RegNo]<, District of [District]> ([Date]), NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au.

When I create a source from the Master Source, one of the forward slashes disappears.  Is there a reason for this?

And is it related to the error message "Access violation at address 00B1BA23 in module 'Roots  " that I get when I try to view the citation from a database that has "extremely split" citations from using the sqlite splitting procedure?  Without the offending citation, the splitting process works properly.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6162 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

From Help > Sentence Template Language:

Escape Characters
If you ever want to write an actual <, >, /, [, or ] in your sentence, you must precede it by a “/”. This tells RootsMagic that to print the following character and to not treat it as a switch or a field

Ergo, to get one forward slash in the output you need two in the template - so "http:////www.bdm.nsw.gov.au" is what you need to put in the sentence template.

I wrote the splitting procedure and cannot account for the access violation with that citation present. Did you use RM's Database tool Rebuild Indexes after splitting?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Pheney

Pheney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Tom - thanks for the // tip, I should have thought of that.  I used the Rebuild Index tool both before and after splitting - no problems were indicated with this or the other tools.  However, after attempting to open the citation (and getting the error) the Compact Database tool gave an error: "SQlite error 1 - cannot VACUUM - SQL statements in p... "

.After some trials, I have proved that the // has nothing to do with my problem.  The only way I can prevent the RM error is to remove the citation completely from the death fact.  It was one I built from scratch, and it looks fine to me, no unusual characters, and the short footnote and bibliography are just cut-down versions of the footnote.  Replacing it with standard RM citations (either freeform or not) does not cause the error.  So it looks like my custom citation is at fault. Any help will be much appreciated!

Rex

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6162 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

That SQLite error report is unsurprising after the RM error. You would have to close and reopen RootsMagic to clear it and then run Compact. Because it seems to have something to do with splitting, send me a backup pre-split with a description of the steps you took. I will try to replicate the problem. It would probably help to send a backup of the version which errors out, too. I'm on gmail at ve3meo ;-)

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Pheney

Pheney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hi Tom

Thanks for the help - I have sent you the databases and some notes

Rex

Issue now resolved - thanks, Tom