• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karlkonnerth

karlkonnerth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

I would like to suggest several possible enhancements to the Publish Online function in Rootsmagic:

1. Ability to display 'Detail Text' from source citations.  When you click on the 'certificate' icon a popup window shows the citation.  I would like a button on that popup window that would show the information in the 'Detail Text' for that source which is frequently a transcription of the source'
  2. Way to enlarge or scroll through images.  When you click on the 'camera' icon the relevant media is displayed.  However, with documents (census, will, etc.) it is almost impossible to read the small pieces of information.  It would be nice if it could be enlarged as is done in the program itself.  Alternatively, the image could be displayed much larger from the start and the user could scroll through the page.
  3. Ability to tag individual people in group photograph.  In the Second Site program that is used to create web sites for TMG it is possible to specify multiple rectangular areas in a map of the photograph.  Then when the user puts the mouse over an area, the name of the person can be displayed, or upon a 'click' the page for that individual will be displayed.

I like the Publish Online feature and believe changes like these would make it more useful.  Anyone else feel the same?

Karl Konnerth

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8447 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic