• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 altenbernd

altenbernd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:34 PM

The TMG direct import brought in my source templates.  The TMG and RM Source template look the same.  Not all the elements were recognized as elements though.  When the sources were imported, instead of picking up the data in that element, the element name was inserted.

I initially thought this was the result of the custom source elements I created, but some of the custom ones came in and others didn’t.  Since this has resulted in a loss of important source information, I hope the import can be modified to address this.

Example

TMG Source

Edward Dain household, June 22, 1880 U.S. Federal Census , Macoupin County, Illinois, population schedule, town of Brighton Village, enumeration district (ED) 106, supervisor's district (SD) 6, sheet 41, dwelling 198, family 301, National Archives micropublication . Viewed at www.ancestry.com <, [CD]>. Hereinafter cited as Stoerker, Conrad (#14) - 1880 Census.

RootsMagic

Edward Dain household, June 22, 1880 U.S. Federal Census , [COUNTY], Illinois, population schedule, town of [TOWNLOCATION], enumeration district (ED) [ENUMERATION], supervisor's district (SD) [SUPERDISTRICT], sheet [SHEETNUMBER], dwelling [DWELLING], family [FAMILY], National Archives micropublication T9_232. Viewed at www.ancestry.com . (Document Source Number: [SOURCE DOC #]). Hereinafter cited as Stoerker, Conrad (#14) - 1880 Census.

This results in a lot of missing information in my sources

TMG allows for the creation of custom source elements.  These map back to the available source groups.  I’m not sure why some were missed.

TMG Source Template

[HOUSEHOLD] household,< [DATE] U.S. Federal Census> , [COUNTY], [STATE], population schedule<, town of [TOWNLOCATION]><, enumeration district (ED) [ENUMERATION]><, supervisor's district (SD) [SUPERDISTRICT]>, sheet [SHEETNUMBER]<, dwelling [DWELLING]><, family [FAMILY]>, National Archives micropublication <[FILM]><. Viewed at [URL]> <, [CD]><.  (Document Source Number: [SOURCE DOC #])><. Hereinafter cited as [TITLE]>.

RootsMagic Source Template

[Household] household,< [Date] U.S. Federal Census> , [COUNTY], [State], population schedule<, town of [TOWNLOCATION]><, enumeration district (ED) [ENUMERATION]><, supervisor's district (SD) [SUPERDISTRICT]>, sheet [SHEETNUMBER]<, dwelling [DWELLING]><, family [FAMILY]>, National Archives micropublication <[Film]><. Viewed at [Url]> <, [Cd]><.  (Document Source Number: [SOURCE DOC #])><. Hereinafter cited as [Title]>.

Within TMG my custom elements map as follows

Household maps to Subject – RM picked up this one

Date = Date  – RM picked up this one

County maps to Author

State maps to Series – RM picked up this one

TownLocation maps to Location

Enumeration maps to File Reference

SuperDistrict maps to Edition

SheetNumber maps to Volumes

Dwelling maps to Pages

Family maps to Record Number

Film maps to Film Number – RM picked up this one

URL Maps to Second Location – RM picked up this one

CD maps to Citation Detail – RM picked up this one

Source Doc # maps to Short SubTitle

Title = Title – RM picked up this one

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Please open a support ticket and include a backup of your TMG database and your RM database. Then we can see what is happening.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic