I want to start by stating that I've only had one Floating Point error since I updated that file and I think it has something to do with New Family Search exchange of data. I'm not getting constant pop ups and my file seems to not have any corruption since.
As for blaming it on OSXFUSE, It looks like a strong possibility... since MacBridge's core mimics the Windows file system... it would seem very likely that a file system bridge program would be necessary. There is another possibility that may be in play, one of my large 4T USB Drives is formatted in windows format and OSXFUSE may have been inserted when that bad boy was plugged in.
The problem with Mac computers (which really is part of their beauty not a problem) is that they are pretty much self-healing, and self-installing. When you plug something new into them they will automatically go out and get what you need in the way of drivers and software to make it work. It's almost too transparent, for someone who is not very technically savvy that is awesome. For nerds like me I like to know what is going on and have a bit more control over what is and isn't installed on my computers.
Bottom line is we will get it working 100%. I have used about every Genealogy software out there and I can say with 110% confidence that there are no finer people in the business than the RootsMagic team.
So far the floating point has been nothing more than an annoyance... a very aggravating annoyance, but it's livable. We will definitely get there and I'm hoping that they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and produce a real live Mac version of RootsMagic that will interface with iCloud and give us a few Mac goodies to entice the Windows people to leave the dark side.
Edited by Allen Prunty, 24 September 2014 - 06:36 AM.