• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 huntster56

huntster56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Within Book Publisher, Text Pages can be added as "Chapters".  1. Could the chapter name "Text Page" change to the same thing as the Title of text page in the list of chapters.  (This is useful when more than one "Text Page" is in a book.) 2.  Could these "Text Pages" be set up as "universal" chapters that could be selected and used in more than one book ?  (i.e. I set up several books, one for each branch of a family.  The table of contents, narratives, and indexes are unique to each book but there are several "Text Pages" with common information that need to be included in all of them.)  3) Could these "Text Pages" be added to the Table of Contents ?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

1. Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

2. I don't thing this is possible but I did add it as an enhancement request

3. The title of your Text Page is already added to the Table of Contents

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

3. Yes, the Title of a Text Page gets listed in the PRINTED Table of Contents, but it doesn't appear properly in the Chapter List of the opened Publisher report.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

When you have the Publisher opened the title is not appearing in the list of Chapters - that was item #1 in the request. If you generate the book (click Publish Book), but have not printed it, I do see the title appearing in the table of contents. Just like it does when you print it.  If I'm missing where you are looking at I need the steps to get to the same place. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

2. I would create a Research log with each text page as a Research item. And/or one Research item with all text pages used together in multiple Publisher projects.

Print the Research log and save it to a word processor file. Copy and paste the text page from the word processor file into Publisher when needed. Or, open two instances of the database and copy and paste.

#6 Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hello!

After starting a new thread on this topic in the Discussions forum (2/10/16), I'd like to refresh the wish here, as well -- to allow for renaming a "Text Page" in Publisher's top-level view (Hunster56's request #1).

Because each chapter that originates as a Text Page defaults to the name "Text Page" in Chapters view, it gets cumbersome as the number of Text Pages grows.  Click, click, click through the list of anonymous Text Pages to identify which one I'd like to edit.

(Until the enhancement is in place, it's a word-processor program to the rescue.  Not a burdensome option, but adds a step where a step already exists.)

Many thanks! -- Jocelyn

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

Item 1 by the original poster was a request to have the Text Page title be available in the Publisher list of chapters. This is NOT the table of contents - it is the view before hitting the [Publish] button. It has been noted that a Scrapbook can be renamed with the [Rename] button, but that button is grey-out for a Text Page. The request is to have the [Rename] button be active for Text Pages, in addition to Scrapbooks.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Text Page, Publisher, Chapter