4 replies to this topic

#1 Kim W

Kim W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

Does anyone use this? Do the charts have backgrounds on them. As example, a tree? Can anyone compare it to FTM charts?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'm not able to compare both programs. But, we have a video demonstration on using Charting Companion. If you have FTM you can make your own comparison.

Using Charting Companion with RootsMagic

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

Kim -

I think you can be more creative with the RM charts than with the other programs.  For a tree background in RM charts, find a suitable image online of a tree.  After you create the chart, and in the edit chart window, click on the Insert Image icon (little yellow box with picture of a mountain and sun on it) on the toolbar.  Insert the image into the center of the chart.  The image will probably be on top of the chart boxes.  Rightclick any place on the image and click on 'Order' and 'Send to Back'.  This will send the tree image behind the chart boxes.  You can then drag the side or corner of the tree image to the appropriate size behind the chart boxes.  You can use any image - a sunset or landscape, etc. - not necessarily a tree.

Virginia

#4 Kim W

Kim W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Virginia,

Thank you so much! That's exactly want I was looking for!!!

Kim

#5 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Kim -

Let me know if you run into any problems with it.  RM has a great drawing program, allowing for customizations that you won't find in other chart  programs.

Virginia