9 replies to this topic

#1 GonzagaE

GonzagaE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello-

I have been running narrative reports for my ancestors in RootsMagic 6 and I enjoy this feature very much.  However, it would be great if there was an option to include:

-the spouses of all my ancestors' children

-other (non-ancestral) spouses of my ancestors

-any children these other spouses have with my ancestors (these children are the half-siblings of my ancestors and are just as important as full siblings in my opinion)

I switched over from Legacy and all these people appear in the narrative reports I made in that program.  I believe RootsMagic's narrative reports would be greatly improved if these people were listed.

Thank you very much!

-Eric

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Which Narrative report do you want changed? There are several choices for Narrative reports.

#3 GonzagaE

GonzagaE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Which Narrative report do you want changed? There are several choices for Narrative reports.

When I click the "Reports" tab at the top, there is a drop down menu that includes "Narrative Reports".  When I click on that, there are 2 options for an ancestor report: "Ancestors only" and "Ancestors and children".  I would like for RootsMagic to include what I listed in my first post to the "Ancestors and children" narrative report or possibly include a third option that would be called "Ancestors, children, and spouses" or something to that effect.  Thanks!

#4 rjseaver

rjseaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Has this wish ever been fulfilled?  It should be.  To get the standard report that Eric is referring to I have to export a GEDCOM from RM and import it  into FTM 2006 and create the report.  

I've wasted an hour or more trying to do this in RootsMagic 7 today, then looked back and see I complained on my blog about it in 2009.  

#5 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3505 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

I've wasted an hour or more trying to do this in RootsMagic 7 today, then looked back and see I complained on my blog about it in 2009.  

Reporting out detailed information in various forms should be a prime objective of any genealogy program so this wish gets my vote.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do - demand better

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#6 Lethdun

Lethdun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Reporting out detailed information in various forms should be a prime objective of any genealogy program so this wish gets my vote.

Absolutely! This is just one more in a long list of much needed enhancements, additions, improvements, etc. that RM needs.

It's been real... It's been fun...

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system. New reports have not been added because we are in the process of rewriting the report engine. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Use Narrative Reports all the time.  Never click the first two options.  But do a NGSQ or a Register with the first person of that line in my database. I get all the names, spouses etc.. then.   If you are going to do the ancestors and children, I would do an antenatafel report. Which gives you direct line only of the person you choose in your database.

Edited:  know that ahnentafel does not list children. 

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#9 sharonaveritt

sharonaveritt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

I'd like the option of including all photos, not just the primary photo, in narrative reports.

#10 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3505 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

New reports have not been added because we are in the process of rewriting the report engine. 

thumbs-up-emoticon.jpg

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do - demand better

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root