9 replies to this topic

#1 GonzagaE

GonzagaE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello-

I have been running narrative reports for my ancestors in RootsMagic 6 and I enjoy this feature very much.  However, it would be great if there was an option to include:

-the spouses of all my ancestors' children

-other (non-ancestral) spouses of my ancestors

-any children these other spouses have with my ancestors (these children are the half-siblings of my ancestors and are just as important as full siblings in my opinion)

I switched over from Legacy and all these people appear in the narrative reports I made in that program.  I believe RootsMagic's narrative reports would be greatly improved if these people were listed.

Thank you very much!

-Eric

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Which Narrative report do you want changed? There are several choices for Narrative reports.

#3 GonzagaE

GonzagaE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Which Narrative report do you want changed? There are several choices for Narrative reports.

When I click the "Reports" tab at the top, there is a drop down menu that includes "Narrative Reports".  When I click on that, there are 2 options for an ancestor report: "Ancestors only" and "Ancestors and children".  I would like for RootsMagic to include what I listed in my first post to the "Ancestors and children" narrative report or possibly include a third option that would be called "Ancestors, children, and spouses" or something to that effect.  Thanks!

#4 rjseaver

rjseaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Has this wish ever been fulfilled?  It should be.  To get the standard report that Eric is referring to I have to export a GEDCOM from RM and import it  into FTM 2006 and create the report.  

I've wasted an hour or more trying to do this in RootsMagic 7 today, then looked back and see I complained on my blog about it in 2009.  

#5 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

I've wasted an hour or more trying to do this in RootsMagic 7 today, then looked back and see I complained on my blog about it in 2009.  

Reporting out detailed information in various forms should be a prime objective of any genealogy program so this wish gets my vote.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#6 Lethdun

Lethdun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Reporting out detailed information in various forms should be a prime objective of any genealogy program so this wish gets my vote.

Absolutely! This is just one more in a long list of much needed enhancements, additions, improvements, etc. that RM needs.

It's been real... It's been fun...

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system. New reports have not been added because we are in the process of rewriting the report engine. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1647 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Use Narrative Reports all the time.  Never click the first two options.  But do a NGSQ or a Register with the first person of that line in my database. I get all the names, spouses etc.. then.   If you are going to do the ancestors and children, I would do an antenatafel report. Which gives you direct line only of the person you choose in your database.

Edited:  know that ahnentafel does not list children. 

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#9 sharonaveritt

sharonaveritt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

I'd like the option of including all photos, not just the primary photo, in narrative reports.

#10 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

New reports have not been added because we are in the process of rewriting the report engine. 

thumbs-up-emoticon.jpg

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root