• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WendyL

WendyL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

I apologise for asking this question because it's probably been asked a dozen time before but I can't find it.  How can I view half children from another marriage, a blended family in other words, please?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Since RootsMagic defaults to a biological family perspective... you'd have to link all the children you wish to view as a "blended" family to the desired set(s) of parents and set their relationships by selecting their parents in the Edit Person screen and choosing accordingly:

2014_08_13_083249.jpg

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

For half siblings, choose the common blood parent as the focus person and select the main Descendant view for 2 generations.

Or, Share marriage facts with each spouse and birth facts of each child with each parent or step parent and view on the Timeline view or a person's Edit person screen. This is very helpful when printing a Narrative report to show blended families with step children without actually linking step children to the step parent.

You can also Share marriage facts of the parents or step parent and births of full, half, or step siblings with another child.

I suggest creating a new Play database and draggig and dropping some people into it to experiment before making changes in a main database.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Half Siblings