Photo

Limited Events after Legacy 8 Upgrade - No value given for one or more required parameters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 starbug

starbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

I have upgraded my Legacy program and now am encountering a problem with event imports.

I used Family Atlas for a long time with Legacy 7 and loved it.  All the atlases I made with the old version work fine and contain all the events.

Whereas before Family Atlas imported all my events, now it only imports five events - Birth, Burial, Christening, Death and Marriage.

When I import my updated file, the people import without a problem but now when I import Genealogical Markers I get an error "No value given for one or more required parameters" and only the five events.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I haven't changed any settings on the events to the best of my knowledge (unless the upgrade to 8 automatically changed something and the Legacy 8 file contains several thousand additional people I would like to include.

Thanks!

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

Confirming issue importing the new file format in Legacy 8 into Family Atlas. You will need to create a GEDCOM in Legacy 8 for the import to work.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 starbug

starbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Dear Ms. Renee Zamora,

THANKS SO MUCH!  Worked perfectly! Very important to me as I am working on a genealogical social history from ancestor down and the customized events help me create maps of migration and military maps for those who fought in the War Between the States/Civil War.

Sincerely,

Sarah