8 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Recently, I noticed I'm no longer receiving email notifications of new posts, nor of posts in which I have posted. My settings are still set to receive notifications. "Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency" is check marked. I hadn't made any changes in settings to stop notifications.

In the last topic in which I posted, I checked the box to follow the topic and receive instant notification. However, I did not receive an email.

Nothing from this forum went to my spam folder in Gmail.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

~ Debbie

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

To update, July 16 is the last time I received an email in my Gmail inbox. That's about the time you were checking into the spammy posting problem. Has the spam mail ceased? I used to get those emails, too, and now I don't. Not that I'm complaining that I'd like to get those!

~ Debbie

#3 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

And why doesn't my profile picture appear on posts? I see other profile pictures (Firefox and Chrome).

~ Debbie

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

My email notifications may also have stopped but I am unsure as gmail appears to have started treating them as spam. My spam folder has some between June 30 and July 10. Up to sometime before June 30, I received notifications pretty reliably in my inbox. As we both use gmail, perhaps it is the culprit, not the forums server.

Edit: just checked my Gmail Trash folder and see that my last notification was July 15, about the same cutoff as your last one.

Edited by TomH, 28 July 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

We had to change mail servers and forgot to flip the switch on the forums. It should start working now. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

And it is now working...

SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

And why doesn't my profile picture appear on posts? I see other profile pictures (Firefox and Chrome).

That remains a mystery. I see your profile picture but it does not appear with your posts.

#8 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the quick fix, I received an email notification now. Hope the mystery of the profile photo can be resolved.

~ Debbie

#9 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

I re-uploaded my profile photo. It appears in the forum now. yippee!

~ Debbie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email, notification