• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shiro

Shiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

It seems that when I search for a subject I get a list of applicable discussions but when I click on one I get "This page cannot be displayed" (or something similar).  I have no problem from the full list, and if I search a subject I started I can see the discussion but no others that come up.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

You are probably using Internet Explorer which has problems with this Forum software on the RootsMagic site but not with the Forum for the Forum software itself, which suggests that it is a config error on the RootsMagic server. Been a problem for a long time. Not a problem with Chrome. Other browsers may vary.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Another advantageous search method is to use Google with the search terms: "searchwordsphrase site:forums.rootsmagic.com" without the quotes, a site specific search of Google's index. I often turn up better results with it than through the Forum search.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

I just tested it using IE and it is giving me the "Page cannot be displayed" message. Working fine in Chrome. I have reported this to development.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Shiro

Shiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Thanks.  I thought I was just not doing something correctly.  I will try TomH's work-around for now.