24 replies to this topic

#21 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3421 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

There is a slight follow on to this which I believe should be in the tracking system, hopefully Renee will confirm.

I faithfully add Notes and Media to both Place and Place Details making them a resource of their own and when reading reports the question I am often asked to clarify is "where exactly was that" or the like. Notes and media help to clarify this in the Place Index and I hope an option to include them where they exist becomes a reality in the next version.

This would be a great enhancement to the quality of narrative reports and ahould be an option is other reports also IMO.

placenotes.png

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#22 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

To: Vyger

As I have mentioned previously, Notes about places would probably work best in a separate index.  Photos of places would work along with notes.

In reference to replies about postings, if you stay logged in on the RM discussion board, topics with unread content are in BOLD Blue.  I don't ever remember seeing this feature documented.  If you are not logged in, the topics are all the same color and you have to look for dates of most recent postings.

#23 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3421 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

John,

Are you proposing a simple Index and a more comprehensive one or how do you see the separate index working.

My only drive here is to regain the value and quality of data I have carefully entered in the appropriate reports which must, of course, be optional to suit all.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#24 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

1] Keep the place index like it is.  Possibly add some type of a flag for each place in the following Appendix that has notes and media.

2] Make an additional Appendix with notes and media just for those places with notes and media.

#25 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Confirming enhancement requests are in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic