• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dbird

dbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Trying to publish my own and my wife's data on the internet on my.rootsmagic.com. I find I can only put one project up, either mine or my wife's even though I have different project names. Also, when I try to make more than one account, it won't let me. Says "No more accounts can be made with this key".

Why? Ancestry lets me make as many uploaded databases as I want. And, rootsmagic lets me open multiple databases at a time, (a good thing acknowledged by all). So, is there any way to publish both our trees without merging the databases?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3458 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

http://forums.rootsm...bsites/?p=56099

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

You can have two RM Publish Online accounts of 50 MB each.  Both accounts have to have different user names and different passwords and have different URL's.  If a password (key) has already.been used, try a diferent one.

RootsMagic is providing the websites for free as a gift and the costs for the websites are coming out of RootsMagic's pocket not ours.  Ancestry is a very large company with much greater profits than RootsMagic so Ancestry can more easily afford the expenses of the gift of free web space to their users.

#4 dbird

dbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

How do I find out my two accounts, assuming that this is the problem? Obviously I know one of them already, but both accounts would have the same email. The project footprint for each dataset is less than 4MB so the storage limit can't be the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Dave,  open a support ticket and provide the name used for registration and your email address. Then we can look up your accounts.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 dbird

dbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Fixed it. Requires all unique userid, password, and email.

Thanks,

Dave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: publish, internet, key, account