• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aggie59

Aggie59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Could the Double Frame Box Style with shadow be restored in RootsMagic 6? 

Also RootsMagic 3 displayed the name in the box charts in bold with the last name capitalized.  Could these features also be restored in RootsMagic 6? None of the options in Tools work for this in the box charts.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8780 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

You can force the surnames to capitalize by going to Tools>File Options>General and checking the box "Display surnames in Uppercase".

Confirming I have added the enhancement request for the Double Frame Box Style in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

There are box style options available in the Relationship Chart that are not in the Wall Charts. Perhaps those box options are what Aggie59 is looking for? I agree, it would be nice to have them available in the Wall Charts.

#4 Aggie59

Aggie59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

The Tools/File Options/General/"Display surnames uppercase"  doesn't work for the box charts.  Regardless of what you check or uncheck, the generated report displays the name un-bolded and the surname is in lowercase.  I think this is actually a bug in RootsMagic 6 that has never been fixed.  It works fine in RootsMagic 3. 

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3493 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Also RootsMagic 3 displayed the name in the box charts in bold with the last name capitalized.

My copy of Version 3.2.6 will allow me to bold the text in a Box Chart, but has no capability to "capitalize" (I presume you mean UPPERCASE) the last name.

Additionally, my copy of 6.3.1.0 allows the text to be unbolded or bolded correctly.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8780 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Confirming issues noted and enhancement added to our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic