I am a former RootsMagic user, and I want to come back. However, I just can't read the fonts in many of the RM dialog boxes on my laptop screen.
I have a registered copy of RM6, that sits unused. I've been using Legacy - only because they allow font sizes to increase when dialog boxes are stretched. This means I can read the fonts in that program, on any screen.
I've read through the forums and have tried three fixes:
- I changed the font sizes in RM using Tools>Program Options>Display
- This helped with the main menus, pedigree view and the notes editing screens.
- It did nothing to make the data entry screens readable.
- I changed system fonts on my Windows 7 Pro computer to make text in active windows, window headers etc. larger.
- This also did nothing for the data entry screens.
- I increased my DPI setting through my Windows control panel.
- This also did not fix my RM data entry screens.
These are a few of the screens that don't seem to be affected by the system font changes or the RM adjustment options:
Edit Person - right side
Master Source List>Add New source
These are the screens where I will spend most of my time, entering data on individuals. I must be able to see what I'm doing without intense eye strain.
Is there any other fix I could try so I can finally use my RM program? I don't like the user interface in Legacy, but am forced to use it because I can read their fonts.